Need help with Error: unit 0 GLD_TEXTURE_INDEX_2D is unloadable

I’ve used a python script from this thread to output a movie file. I was using test data and successfully output a file.
Thread: Programming camera motion - #7 by scottreinhard

I have since received a new batch of data, and am getting this error when trying to run the same script:
UNSUPPORTED (log once): POSSIBLE ISSUE: unit 0 GLD_TEXTURE_INDEX_2D is unloadable and bound to sampler type (Float) - using zero texture because texture unloadable

I’ve tried some other files from the same data set and got: UNSUPPORTED (log once): POSSIBLE ISSUE: unit 3 GLD_TEXTURE_INDEX_3D is unloadable and bound to sampler type (Float) - using zero texture because texture unloadable

In the Vapor GUI I am able to load the files, and am also able to animate them and output and image sequence. I have the latest version of Vapor installed. Any thoughts would be much appreciated, thanks!

Hi Scott,

That error is harmless so you can just ignore it and everything should work normally. I can see, however, how getting such an error would be confusing so it will be fixed in our upcoming release.

Thanks for the reply. I forgot to mention this in my initial post. The issue I’m finding is that the output animation is only the first frame of data, it fails to cycle through the data and animate all of it.

Hi Scott,

If I understand correctly, you are using the script I provided which is rendering an animation, but only a single dataset timestep. It worked correctly with your original data, and the new dataset works correctly in Vapor’s GUI, but not with the script.

If that is the case, are you sure you are loading all of the new timestep files / does the session have all the files linked? If you attach your script and session file I can take a look at it. If you’d like you can also send me a private message with a link to 2+ timesteps from your data and I can look into it.

Hi Scott,

Just wanted to check in to see if your issue was resolved or if there was anything I could do to help.

Hi StasJ, I sent you a message to see where I could send sample files. Let me know and I can get them over to you.