Install vapor on Linux Ubuntu 22

Hello everyone,

I am trying to run VAPOR 3.7.0 on Ubuntu 22.04 LTS using the precompiled binaries, however I am getting this error:

qt.qpa.plugin: Could not load the Qt platform plugin “xcb” in “” even though it was found.
This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Available platform plugins are: xcb.

Aborted (core dumped)

I tried to reinstall some qt libraries but I am not sure which one I should install or reinstall.

Thanks,
Oscar

Could you try re-running vapor after setting the environment variable VAPOR_DEBUG=1, and let us know the output?

IE - in a terminal:

export VAPOR_DEBUG=1
bin/vapor

Hi Pearse,

thanks a lot for your reply. After typing in the terminal your instructions I get the same message, no extra info:

qt.qpa.plugin: Could not load the Qt platform plugin “xcb” in “” even though it was found.
This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Available platform plugins are: xcb.

Aborted (core dumped)

Best,
Oscar

Hmm that’s strange. There should be a plethora of diagnostic messages being fed into the terminal.

I believe our latest Ubuntu test system is running version 20.X. I’ll try to reproduce this tomorrow but it may be time build a new test system. Stay tuned on this thread for updates, but this issue may get transferred to github so we can track it there.

I can reproduce the crash and we have a ticket issued here. Ubuntu 22 came out a month after we released so we didn’t test it. Our next weekly installer should have a fix for this (I think).

Hi,

Thank you very much for looking into this issue. I look forward the next installer.
Cheers.

@ochimborazo I believe I have a fix. Could you please try this installer and let us know if it works for you?

1 Like

Hi @pearse with this installer, VAPOR is working well so far. I’ll let you know if it crashes at some point. Thank you very much for your help.

Oscar

2 Likes

Thanks a lot! After having trouble due to Qt versions clashing, I was finally able to run VAPOR by your installer, thank you!

1 Like

I am having the same error because of missing Qt, can you send me the installer @pearse. The link is no longer there

1 Like

We should be releasing soon but in the meantime try this one out: