Centering via clicking onto slice

In Vapor 2.6 one could center the view and/or the rotation by clicking onto a point in the slice representation in the control column on the left. This was extremely useful. Is there a possibility like that in Vapor 3.4?
Otherwise: how can one choose the rotation center?

Unfortunately, it is not current possible to change the center of rotation. I’ve opened a feature request issue on GitHub:

Feel free to add your own comments to it.

thank you for introducing a feature request issue on GitHub.
I am installing Vapor 3.6.0 now in my new computer. Question: has the possibility of changing the center of rotation been introduced in the newer vapor versions (or is it planned to introduce it in the upcoming Vapor 3.7 version)?
Thanks

I’ve struggled with this as well. I think it’s a good idea to have the option to center the camera’s origin about a point on a slice.

User requested enhancements tend to get more traction. Can you fill out an enhancement request here, and I’ll support it?

We’re trying to get 3.7 out asap, so this won’t be in that release. However I think this is an easy feature and you’ll be able to find it in a weekly release. If you follow the enhancement ticket on github, you’ll be able to see when it’s incorporated into the code base.

Thank you for the suggestion!
I have now filled out an enhancement request in the GitHub.

It would be great if it could be implemented in one of the weekly releases of 3.7.

Thanks Fernando. Just a quick note that I outlined in the github issue: The camera origin can be changed in the Scene/Viewpoint tab, but it’s not easy because we’re not giving any visual indication of where the origin is. The user will need to guess values until they get something that is suitable. See the github issue for more details on a potential solution.

thank you Scott. From your note, I see there is a method to move the rotation center, even if it is not very simple to apply. I look forward to any improvements you can implement.

1 Like