Vertical slice in "Slice" renderer?

The slice renderer produces a horizontal slice by default but I cannot figure out how to produce vertical slices through a 3D WRF domain. In earlier VAPOR versions there were thumb-wheels to rotate a slice around any of the 3 axes. Searching within VAPOR itself, this forum, Google, and the manual did not help and I do not recall seeing anything in the tutorial videos about producing vertical slices. Thanks for your help.
Jim

Hi Jim, that option was recently moved into the Appearance tab, below the transfer function.

We’re working on a usability release right now and I’d like to get this back into the Geometry tab. The tabs should correspond to the following properties in the renderers: Variables=What, Appearance=How, and Geometry=Where.

I’ll submit a ticket and we may be able to get this fixed soon. In the meantime, you can find the option in the “Appearance” tab.

-Scott

Hi Scott,

The possibility of having slices that are not gridlocked to the axis direction was very useful in the past. Will this update include the capability of rotation?

Thanks!

Troels

I believe we will be supporting this in our next release. You can follow the ticket below, and if it gets closed, this feature should show up in our next weekly installer.

1 Like