Animating rotation of a single time

Does anybody have code that they are willing to share that would rotate the view and take a snapshot every so many degrees in VAPOR? Basically, I have a single time that I want to make an animation from based on rotating to see all the sides of an LES-simulated cloud field. I am not aware of this sort of capability being built into VAPOR (unless it is new and I haven’t learned about it yet).

Thanks for any suggestions and/or code!

-Bill Gustafson, PNNL

We currently don’t support this functionality, but we’re trying to pin down new requirements for Vapor 3.6. There are two questions in the survey below that relate to this functionality: 1) keyframing, and 2) keyboard controls. If you fill out the survey, these issues will be bumped in priority.

Thanks. I filled out the survey a couple weeks ago. If I remember right, I prioritized keyframing.

I was hoping there would be a way to script this up at this point, even if it was not an ideal approach until the new features are added. If not, then I’m out of luck. My immediate need is a presentation next week, so I’ll go with a static snapshot for now.

Sorry I’m not able to help more. I’m going to add this post to our github issue which should drive this feature further towards be an upcoming feature.