How to reduce domain size

The domain (the white box) is very large compared to my image (see below), I would like the domain to be exactly the same as my figure domain. Do you know how to do that? Thanks

Hi, thanks for posting your question to our forum. From our email correspondence:

1. Do you know how to save the configurations (opacity values, color scales, etc) once I am done with a single case? It would be great if I can save all those tweaks for the next case so that I don’t have to repeat them again (and it’s hard to take note of some values).

If you click on the gear icon in the Transfer Function Editor (where you edit color and opacity along your variable’s histogram), there will be options to “Save Transfer Function” and “Save Colormap”.

Save Transfer Function will save both color and opacity values in a file with a .tf3 extension. Save Colormap will omit the opacity values.

1. the domain (the white box) is very large compared to my actual image (see below), I would like the domain to be exactly the same as my figure domain. Do you know how to do that?

The OSU link to your sample file is requiring login credentials that I don’t have. Is there another hosting service that’s open that you could share it with? Google drive typically works well for this.

Here is the data:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bxWxgFhWGu511Zp4Jlmst0AkzbdKfITC/view?usp=sharing
Thanks

Could you take two screenshots for me? 1) Select your Volume Renderer and go to the geometry tab, and 2) Select the Scene->Annotation tab. This will display the extents of your Volume, and the extents of the entire domain.

Mine look like the following:

Hi Scott,

Strangely, when I reopen VAPOR and upload the file this morning, I got the exact domain size as yours!
I don’t understand what was going on previously where the domain can be that large.
But this somehow solves the problem! Thanks!

Chih-Lun

Hmm I guess that could be good or bad depending on your perspective. If it happens again, please reach out and we’ll try to get to the bottom of it.

RIght, that’s certainly not the best way to solve an issue.